Code of Conduct for students
Institutional Code of Conduct for students
Mount Tiyi College has a set of rules and regulations for the proper conduct of students.
Students are expected to:
- Maintain discipline with due respect to the authority, teachers and staff;
- Be polite to one another and show courtesy to the employees of the college in and
- outside the college premises.
The college strictly prohibits:
- The use of alcohol and narcotic substances and its kind within the college premises;
- The use of cell phones inside the classrooms, violation of which shall attract severe penalty and confiscation of the cell phones;
- Canvassing by students/student groups, with any agenda that may harm the peaceful co-existence and harmony of the Mount Tiyi College community;
- Any form of ragging among the students.
- Strict action amounting to expulsion will be taken on students found indulging in unfair means during examinations;
- Students shall not retaliate against any member of the teaching faculty when caught in any prohibitory acts/or should any member of the teaching faculty file a report of concern to the authority;
- The institution will not tolerate harassment or discrimination on the basis of age, religion, caste, gender or as the case may be.
- The college being committed to the academic achievement, growth and development of its students lays emphasis on 80% attendance in all subjects during the semester sessions;
- Maintenance of cleanliness of classrooms, college building and the campus to create a healthy learning atmosphere;
- The protection of college property; damage of which, caused by act of anger or violence, shall amount to penalization of the concerned student with a realization of fine.